Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

I really need to work updating this into my regular schedule. Who am I kidding? I have no regular schedule.

First of all, praise the good Lord it is 47 degrees out. Now, I really do try not to complain about things but the cold was becoming just a little much to bear. I am immensely grateful to be able to experience 4 beautiful seasons, but winter may have overstayed its welcome this year. Not so much that even, perhaps it was just its (his, her? what gender do you think winter would be?) sheer intensity that left us desperately awaiting spring.

I have always said that fall is my favorite season and as much as I do love the autumn air and the changing leaves, I am beginning to think that it is the transition from each season to the next that I love more than anything else. I love the anticipation. I love that there is something to look forward to about each season. I love the mere break from the monotony of whatever season we are currently in that I am inevitably bored of. And I love the wardrobe change. There is nothing like busting out your sun dresses and sandals or unpacking your favorite sweaters.

We are starting to get into that period of mother nature's identity crisis. It's not quite spring but winter is certainly (cross your fingers) on her (I think winter would be a big powerful woman) way out. However, everyone is so excited about a temperature increase of a few degrees that they are already running wild in their booty shorts and flip flops. I appreciate their enthusiasm but I think they might be a little premature. After all, it still has yet to hit 50. But hey, who am I to judge?

As for me, I will continue sporting my unbuttoned coat as I love to do during said transitional periods. I find it provides just the right amount of warmth and breeze (not to mention liberating my chic sense of style from the bondage of my pea-coat which it has so long been under). I have also broken out my flats and what a joyous occasion that has been.

Lastly, I have had poor Theodore, my bike, U-locked to my porch for a good 2-3 months and I think it is finally time for him to journey back to campus. Although the distance between all my courses is too small for ole Theo to be of actual transportational (not a word) use, I cannot wait to just ride it around campus.

The moral of this post, intended to be about my love for the great outdoors and life's various seasons, has turned into fashion word vomit. My apologies. I hope you are all enjoying this beautiful sunshine wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment