Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year Revolution.

I can only remember making one New Year's resolution in my life. I was 18 and I had resolved to floss more often. It didn't last. I still floss less frequently than I do laundry, which is almost never. I'm a fan of the idea of making a choice to somehow ameliorate your life. I'm just not such a fan of waiting until the first of the year to decide something should change. And I mean, the evidence is incontrovertible that resolutions will rarely be completely followed through. I say, if you have something you want to change about your life, start changing it today.

Needless to say, I have not made a New Year's resolution this year. Instead, I've decided to make a list of things I would like to do in 2011. As you read this, I want you to keep in mind that I have only put things on this list that I feel are actually plausible. They are not in a particular order and I'm sure I will be adding to the list con mucha frequencia, but for now please enjoy the following list:

-Read [at least] 15 books.
-Give blood.
-Visit [at least] 3 states that are not Missouri or Kansas.
-Stand outside during a torrential downpour.
-Visit a beach.
-Sky dive and/or bungee jump and/or ride in a hot air balloon. (However, I've always wanted to get proposed to on a hot air balloon and I wouldn't exactly list getting engaged as a huge plausibility in 2011... so that one is probably going to move to 2012. or never).
-Get a tattoo.
-Get my nose re-pierced.
-Go to [at least] 5 live concerts.
-Karaoke
-Build something.
-Be involved in a non-violent protest (for a worthy cause).
-Write something original everyday, even if it is only one sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment