Sunday, May 2, 2010

The yellow wing darter is my favorite dragonfly.

I am so ready for the semester to be over. Not so ready to deal with finals, but they shouldn't be so bad. Then home for 2 days. A day in STL with my boo, Alexis, and then Italy for two weeks!! So excitedddd.

I've never been to Europe but have always wanted to visit. I kind of expected my first trip to be either to Spain or France, as I am studying the language/culture of both, but I have no complaints about going to Italy. Excuse me, not just going. Singing in Italy. Singing beautiful rich music to reflect the life of Leonardo Da Vinci. It is going to be an amazing experience. I will surely post pictures.

So for the last two/three weeks I have gotten less sleep than ever before in my life. I spent an entire week staying up til at least 4am, never fully recovered, then pulled an all-nighter at the beginning of last week. This weekend I have finally been able to catch up on sleep and have time to myself and it has been GLORIOUS. Words cannot express.

A lot of people wouldn't enjoy this much time to themselves to do nothing. And it's not that I don't love people, I do. My passion is to love people. But these last two nights have been so relaxing... and informative. I've been on this researching-things-for-fun kick. Last night it was dragonflies and tonight I memorized the list of Presidents. Super geeky, I know. But I don't care. I am enjoying myself.

Oh! p.s. I have costochondritis. Or something with similar letters to that. Basically the muscles around my ribs are inflamed preventing the ribs from fully expanding when I inhale. Thus, I constantly feel like I can't get enough air. I'm taking these pills every 8 hours and they help.

p.p.s. Popcorn + M&Ms = best combination of all time. just sayin

No comments:

Post a Comment