Monday, November 15, 2010

Love is Like a Natural Disaster.

You are about to read a piece of my poetry. This is a rare occasion as I have never shown anyone my poetry, much less the millions of people who read my blog (those figures may be a bit off). So here it goes. I must confess to you my vulnerability in doing this and plead with you not to stop reading my blog even if you think my poem is stupid. Thanks.


Also, just a disclaimer: I plan on never posting a poem that directly reflects my current struggles in life. So, there is no need for you to try to sympathize or attempt to figure out what event in my life a particular poem stems from. Any poetry I share with you will not be to express my feelings but rather to share my stab at art.

Untitled
There were no more roses,
There were no more smiles.
And there was certainly no more laughter.
All the butterflies had gone
And the birds no longer sang.
The sun neither rose nor set,
painting the sky in shades of pink.
There was no more pink.
There was no more light.
No flowers remained
No sky. Just rain.
And the claims that any man has ever made
That he wouldn’t leave us broken and
jaded.
The words “I love you” melted into tears
to be absorbed by tissue and thrown away.
Feelings that refused to fade
Fueling the pain that feeds the stress.
Hopeless.
Helpless.
That's how it felt.
But that is not how it feels.
An earthquake may shake a city, but the buildings still stand.
You were an earthquake.
I am a city.
But the fault was always on you.
And now the rubble has cleared and I can see beauty again.


Have a delightful week.


3 days until Harry Potter!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment